Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beef O'Brady's in Bourbonnais

Walking into this Irish Pub style restaurant, I got a feeling of extreme comfort and homeliness.  The atmosphere in this restaurant is fantastic.  I was greeted by a cheery hostess who gladly seated me at a table.  I sat down and minutes later my server arrived to take my drink order (Coke).  I browsed the menu and decided on ribs.  There are many classic pub items that every one can enjoy.  Ribs seemed like a wise choice; they're generally safe for my allergies.  I was surprised to see a different server bring my food and ask if I needed anything else.  Let's get into the food.  The ribs were extremely tender and the meat practically fell off the bone.  The barbeque sauce was just the right mix of tangy and sweet.  They were absolutely delicious.  The fries were fat steak fries cooked well; nothing serious, but they were good.  There was also a side of coleslaw.  It is a good amount of food for the price.  The menu items are very affordable and very good tasting.  The service is impeccable.  I had three separate servers refill my drink and ask how I was doing. The people are friendly and the atmosphere was great.
-Todd

9/10 stars

8 comments:

  1. next time im down that way i will go there for sure job well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. we got a beefs here and i love it its always good food and they keep all the good games on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds impressive. I would not have imagined that Chicago is so rich in good restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try it if i'm ever in Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Great to see a fellow Chicago area resident reviewing restaurants. I haven't got into that on this blog yet, however I have some yelp posts. There was a Beef O'Bradys next to me in Munster, IN that closed so I didn't get a chance to check it out. I can't wait to bounce some reviews off each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Beef O' Brady's. The price of the food is fantastic for the amount you get. I would go there more often if one of the waitresses wasn't out to get me (I really pissed her off a few years back and was shocked to find out she worked at this restaurant.) She totally recognized me too. I didn't get sick from the food so she must have held back the urge to poison me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that. You were there for the time that I'm referencing in this review. That waitress wanted to kill you for some stupid Facebook argument. I'm surprised you survived that night to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to open a pub like this. Just a friendly, awesome place to eat and hangout.

    ReplyDelete